|Name||Hardwick (near Bicester)|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Ploughley Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Bicester Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Hardwick with Tusmore, Oxfordshire, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1932|
|Cherwell District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Hardwick is a village in the Cherwell District of Oxfordshire, England about 4.5 miles (7 km) north of Bicester. Hardwick is one of the villages in the civil parish of Hardwick with Tusmore which was formed in 1932. Previously, Hardwick was a separate civil parish.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Hardwick from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HARDWICK, a parish in Bicester [registration] district, Oxford; 5 miles N of Bicester town and [railway] station. Post-town: Hethe, under Bicester. Acres, with Tusmore: 990. Real property: £1,170. Population: 59. Houses: 15. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value: £92. Patron: B. Richmond, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a well-preserved fine Norman door."
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Hardwick, Cherwell. Includes a summary of the owners of the parish manors and a further description of the church.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Hardwick (near Bicester), Oxfordshire, England | Ploughley Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Bicester Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Hardwick with Tusmore, Oxfordshire, England | Cherwell District, Oxfordshire, England