- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Hardwick from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HARDWICK, a parish in Depwade [registration] district, Norfolk; 3 miles SE of Long Stratton, and 5 NE by E of Tivetshall [railway] station. It has a post-office under Long Stratton. Acres: 855. Real property: £1,803. Population: 227. Houses: 53. The manor belongs to F. Bacon Frank, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Shelton, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is ancient; and it retains only small part of a tower, which was round, and had an octagonal lantern. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
In 1935 the civil parish was abolished and the land and its inhabitants were absorbed by the neighbouring parish of Shelton.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Hardwick has a church (which is famous locally for its ruined tower), as well as several farms and a substantial amount of housing. It was also home to a Royal Air Force airfield, which was used by the United States Army Air Forces during World War II.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Hardwick. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Hardwick, Norfolk, England | Depwade Hundred, Norfolk, England | Shelton, Norfolk, England | Depwade Rural, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England