1822 - Somersetshire Delineated by Christopher and John Greenwood
HARDINGTON — a small parish in the hundred of Kilmersdon, 4 miles N. N. W. from Frome, containing only 4 inhabited houses, and as many families, 2 of whom are employed in agriculture. Hardington-Park, a short distance to the north-west of the church, near: which the manor-house stood, was formerly well stocked with deer. It is the property of Sir C. W. Bampfylde, Bart. The (church is a small structure, with a tower at the west end. The living is a rectory, in the deanery of Frome; Rev. C. F. Bampfylde, incumbent; instituted 1814. Population, 1801, no return — 1811, 26 — 1821, 31.
1875 - Somersetshire edited by Edward Robert Kelly
HARDINGTON is a parish, 120 miles from London, and 4J north-west from Frome railway station, in the Eastern division of the county, Kilmersdon hundred, Frome union and county court district, Frome rural deanery, Wells archdeaconry, and diocese of Bath and Wells. The church of St. Mary is a small stone building, in good repair, supposed to have been originally a private chapel belonging to Sir Charles Bamfylde, in whose family this estate remained for above 450 years: it has a chancel, nave, and a small square tower containing 1 bell. The register dates from the 16th century. The living is a rectory, united to Hemington, joint yearly value £641, in the gift of Lord Poltimore, and held by the Rev. Charles John Down, B.A., of Exeter College, Oxford. Hardington Park is in extent 120 acres, and is the property of W. B. Naish, esq., of Stone Easton ; he and Albin Shore Baily, esq., of Manor farm, own the whole of the parish. The soil is clayey; the subsoil is heavy clay and stone. The land is chiefly in pasture for dairy purposes. The area is 831 acres; rateable value, £974 ; and the population in 1871 was 28.
1929 - Somerset by George Woosung Wade & Joseph Henry Wade
Hardington, a hamlet 5 m. N.W. of Frome. The church is a small building with a W. tower. In the neighbourhood is Hardington Park.
Family History Catalog