|Alt names||Hanitune||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 123|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Chuteley Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Kingsclere Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Baughurst, Hampshire, England||civil parish which absorbed part of the parish on its abolition in 1932|
|Kingsclere, Hampshire, England||civil parish which absorbed part of the parish on its abolition in 1932|
|Basingstoke and Deane District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Hannington is a civil parish in the English county of Hampshire. It is situated between Basingstoke and Newbury, on the North Hampshire Downs.
In 1932 the civil parish was abolished and the area divided between the parishes of Baughurst and Kingsclere, with Kingsclere getting the major share. Since 1974 it has been part of the Basingstoke and Deane District.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Hannington.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Hannington, Hampshire, England | Chuteley Hundred, Hampshire, England | Kingsclere Rural, Hampshire, England | Baughurst, Hampshire, England | Kingsclere, Hampshire, England | Basingstoke and Deane District, Hampshire, England