Hanlith is a small village and civil parish in the Craven district of North Yorkshire, England. It is situated near Kirkby Malham and tourist attraction Malham Cove. It is about north west of Skipton, and consists of only 13 houses.
Hanlith Hall dates back as a manor to the Domesday Book of 1084 when it was spelt Hangelief meaning 'King's land'. It belonged to the Dehelington and Medcalfe families until about 1347, and then became tenanted to the Serjeantson family who remained there for 550 years. The Hall was remodelled in the 20th century.
The Malhamdale Local History Group provides all sorts of local information on the parish online. Included are parish records of births, marriages and deaths pre-1837, the 1881 census, maps and much more.