Place:Hamfallow, Gloucestershire, England

Watchers
NameHamfallow
TypeParish
Coordinates51.7°N 2.44°W
Located inGloucestershire, England
See alsoBerkeley (hundred), Gloucestershire, Englandhundred in which the parish was located
Thornbury Rural, Gloucestershire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia


Hamfallow is a civil parish in the district of Stroud There is no village centre, the parish consists of farms and hamlets such as Abwell, Breadstone (which joined the parish in 1935), Halmore, Mobley and Wanswell.

The westernmost portion of the parish boundary follows the River Severn, across which is the parish of Lydney in the Forest of Dean district. The other adjoining parishes are all in the Stroud district, these are: Hinton to the north-west; Slimbridge to the north-east; Cam to the east; Stinchcombe to the south-east; Alkington to the south; whilst both Ham and Stone and Berkeley lie to the south-west.

Hamfallow was in Thornbury Rural District until the rural district council was abolished in 1974.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Hamfallow. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Fundraiser
Help fund new features!