Place:Hadley, Hertfordshire, England

Watchers
NameHadley
TypeParish
Coordinates51.657°N 0.2°W
Located inHertfordshire, England     (1894 - 1965)
See alsoMonken Hadley, Middlesex, Englandparish of which it was a part until 1894
Barnet, Hertfordshire, EnglandUrban district of which it was a part 1894-1965
Barnet (London Borough), Greater London, EnglandLondon Borough into which the area was transferred in 1965

Hadley parish was created in 1894 in Hertfordshire from part of the parish of Monken Hadley in Middlesex. There was no village of Hadley, and the parish only covered a small area of land on the east side of Barnet High Street. From its creation the parish was part of the [[Place:Barnet, Hertfordshire, England|Barnet Urban District]. Barnet Urban District was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of Barnet in Greater London.

Research Tips

Fundraiser
Help fund new features!