|Type||Civil parish, Parish|
|Located in||Cornwall, England|
|See also||Penwith Hundred, Cornwall, England||hundred in which it was located|
|West Penwith Rural, Cornwall, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1934|
|Penzance, Cornwall, England||municipal borough which part absorbed it from 1934|
|Madron, Cornwall, England||municipal borough which part absorbed it from 1934|
|Ludgvan, Cornwall, England||municipal borough which part absorbed it from 1934|
|Penzance Registration District, Cornwall, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-2007|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Gulval (Cornish: Lannystli) is a village in the west of Cornwall, England. Although historically a parish in its own right, Gulval was split between the parishes of Penzance, Madron and Ludgvan in 1934, and like Heamoor, is now considered to be a suburb of Penzance. Gulval, however, still maintains its status as an ecclesiastical parish and parts of the village church date back to the 12th century.
Gulval was part of the West Penwith Rural District from 1894 until 1934.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.
- GENUKI makes a great many suggestions as to other websites with worthwhile information about Cornwall as well as providing 19th century descriptions of each of the ecclesiastical parishes.
- FamilySearch Wiki provides a similar information service to GENUKI which may be more up-to-date.
- A Vision of Britain through Time has
- organization charts of the hierarchies of parishes within hundreds, registration districts and rural and urban districts of the 20th century
- excerpts from a gazetteer of circa 1870 outlining individual towns and parishes
- reviews of population through the time period 1800-1960
- More local sources can often be found by referring to "What Links Here" in the column on the left.
Categories: Cornwall, England | Penwith Hundred, Cornwall, England | West Penwith Rural, Cornwall, England | Penzance, Cornwall, England | Madron, Cornwall, England | Ludgvan, Cornwall, England | Gulval, Cornwall, England | Penzance Registration District, Cornwall, England