About two miles from the Mohawk [River] in the south central part of Clifton Park, the church stood beside an old Indian trail which meandered northward from the ford in the Mohawk at Vischer's Ferry. Situated on a hilltop, this tract of land (including the larger part of Clifton Park) was granted to five men on 17 September 1703 by Queen Anne.
On 1 Jan 1793, Richard Peters purchased two acres of the tract from James Murray and was one of the founders and organizers of the Old Clifton Park Church. Established in 1788 with many of the residents of Vischer Ferry and Grooms Corner as its members, it stood adjacent to the cemetery until February of 1975 when it was destroyed by fire
The cemetery, known as the Grooms Methodist Church Cemetery as well as the McIntosh Cemetery (NOTE: There is also a McIntosh Cemetery in the Town of Saratoga), located on the East side of Vischer Ferry Road, just north of the Clifton Park Transfer Station, about one mile north of the old Peters' homestead and is the final resting place of many of Richard [Peters]'s descendants.