- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Grindon from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "GRINDON, a township in Norham parish, Northumberland; 7 miles SW of Berwick-upon-Tweed. Acres: 1,475. Population: 128. Houses: 27. A battle was fought here, in 1558, between the Percys and the Scots."
Grindon was a township in the ancient parish of Norhamshire within the county of Durham until 1844 and subsequently in Northumberland. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Norham and Islandshires Rural District. In 1955 Grindon was absorbed into the parish of Duddo.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.