Greenport is a town in Columbia County, New York, United States. The population was 4,165 at the 2010 census. The town is on the west border of the county and surrounds the city of Hudson on three sides. US 9 passes through the town.
The region was explored by Henry Hudson in 1609. The town was established in 1837 from part of the city of Hudson and was previously part of the town of Claverack. Greenport was the last town founded in the county.