Place:Green, Hamilton, Ohio, United States

Watchers


NameGreen
Alt namesGreensource: WeRelate abbreviation
TypeTownship
Located inHamilton, Ohio, United States
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Green Township is one of the twelve townships of Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 58,370 people in the township.

History

the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

The township was originally held intact by John Cleves Symmes, with the apparent intent of naming it as the academy township for his purchase. In 1802 a court order awarded half the township to one of his Miami Company investors, Elias Boudinot. This became part of the disputes over the entire Symmes Purchase. The township is named after Nathanael Greene, general in the Revolutionary War.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Green Township, Hamilton County, Ohio. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.