Great Waldingfield is a village and civil parish in the Babergh District of Suffolk, England about two miles (3 km) northeast of Sudbury and two miles (3 km) southwest of its sister village, Little Waldingfield. The village is split into two separate parts; the older and smaller part around the St. Lawrence Church, and the newer and larger section along the B1115 road between Sudbury and Hadleigh. The population was 1,431 at the 2011 Census. The parish also includes the hamlet of Upsher Green.
An outbreak of Bubonic plague in 1626 reduced the population by at least 10%, going from 513 in 1611 to 459 in 1631.
The late 19th and early 20th centuries saw a steady decline in population, caused by out-migration and a flu epidemic, from 659 in 1851 to 348 in 1931.