Great Oakley is a small village situated approximately two miles from Corby and five miles from Kettering. Until 1935 it was a separate civil parish in the county of Northamptonshire, England. In 1935 it joined with Little Oakley to become Oakley, first in Kettering Rural District, and then, since 1974, in the Borough of Corby.
During the medieval period the main manor can be traced via various families, including the de Lyons in the 14th century. The manor was later divided but brought back together after 1495 by the Brooke family and much of Great Oakley has been in the ownership of the Brooke family, including the De Capell Brooke baronets, since then. The present lord of the manor is Hugh de Capell Brooke, who lives with his family in Great Oakley Hall, which was extensively renovated in the 1960s.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Great Oakley.