Great Mitton is a village and a civil parish now in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire, England. It is separated from the civil parish of Little Mitton by the River Ribble, both lie about 3 miles from the town of Clitheroe. In total, Great and Little Mitton cover less than 2000 acres of the Forest of Bowland, making it the smallest township in the Forest.
Historically, Great Mitton was an ecclesiastical parish in Staincliffe Wapentake. From 1894 until 1974, Great Mitton was located in Bowland Rural District. In 1974 the area became part of the Ribble Valley District in Lancashire.