Canford Magna is a village and was a large parish in Dorset, England. The village is situated just south of the River Stour and lies in between the towns of Wimborne Minster and Poole. The village is the site of the boarding school - Canford School. The school was previously the mansion and estate of Lord Wimborne. The western edge of the village merges with the residential suburb of Merley and the village community of Oakley. It also included the hamlet of Hillbourne. The village has a church, the oldest part of which is nearly a thousand years old.
Canford Magna, sometimes called Great Canford, was absorbed into the town of Poole in 1933.
[[Category:Canford Magna, Dorset, England] [[Category:Poole, Dorset, England]