Extracts pertaining to local and historical information are taken from a Topographical Dictionary of Ireland by Samuel Lewis published in 1837.
DOAGH, a grange and village, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 1 1/2 mile (S.W.) from Ballyclare; the population of the grange is returned with the parish of Ballyeaston; the village contains 49 houses and 195 inhabitants. This place comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 2304 1/2 statute acres, of which 9 1/2 are under water, 48 woodland, 140 bog and marsh, and the remainder good arable land. The village is pleasantly situated near the Six-mile-water, and adjoining it is Fisherwick Lodge, a hunting seat belonging to the Marquess of Donegal, a very handsome house surrounded with thriving plantations, which add much to the beauty of the place. The tithes amount to £191. 3. 7 1/2., of which £127. 7. 1. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar.