- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: There is also a hamlet named Goldsbrough in the coastal parish of Lythe near Whitby, Yorkshire.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Goldsborough is a village and civil parish in the Harrogate district of North Yorkshire, England. It is situated near the River Nidd and 1 mile east of Knaresborough.
Goldsborough Hall is a Jacobean stately home located in the village. The house itself is a Grade II* listed building. The current Hall was built for Sir Richard Hutton (1560–1639) after he acquired the Goldsborough Estate in 1598.
Historically, Goldsborough was an ecclesiastical parish in the Upper division of the Claro Wapentake. From 1894 until 1938, Goldsborough was located in Knaresborough Rural District and from 1938 until 1974 in Nidderdale Rural District. In 1974 the area became part of the Harrogate District of North Yorkshire.
The page, Knaresborough Rural District, has an outline map of all the civil parishes in the district.
- GENUKI on Goldsborough. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Goldsborough provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Goldsborough.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to maps of the West Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. Those listed here provide data for the part of the West Riding that transferred to North Yorkshire in 1974 plus the northern parts of Leeds and Bradford. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1900 The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (rural districts of Sedbergh, Settle, Skipton, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Knaresborough, Great Ouseburn, Clitheroe, Wharfedale, Wetherby, York, Bishopthorpe, Keighley, the northern part of Bradford, the northern part of Leeds, the northern part of Hunslet Urban District, the northern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the northern part of Selby Rural District)
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the northern part of the West Riding (mostly Settle, Skipton, Ripon and Pateley Bridge, and Nidderdale, with sections of Wharfedale and Wetherby) after the revisions of 1935.
- Ordnance Survey Southern part of the West Riding 1944 shows the southern part of the West Riding (including the southern part of Wetherby Rural District).