Goadby Marwood is a village and a former civil parish in the north of the English county of Leicestershire. It is about 6 miles (10 km) north of Melton Mowbray and a few miles from the Vale of Belvoir.
Most of the houses are built from locally-mined ironstone and some, including Goadby Hall, date from the 17th century. There is only one road into, and out of, the village.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Goadby Marwood.
The parish was part of Melton Mowbray Rural District from 1894 until 1935 when the rural district was abolished and replaced by the Melton and Belvoir Rural District which covered a larger area. A year after the introduction of the new rural district its parishes were reorganized and reduced in number from 68 to 25.
In 1974 a new nationwide organization of local government was introduced in which rural and urban districts were replaced by "non-metropolitan" districts. In the northeast of Leicestershire this meant little save for the fact that the principal town of Melton Mowbray, formerly a separate urban district, was now governed by the same body (Melton District or Borough) as the rural area that surrounded it.
Maps on the place-pages for Belvoir Rural District and Melton and Belvoir Rural District illustrate the location of the various parishes and the geographical and administrative changes that occurred in 1936.