- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
From the Gazetteer for Scotland
- "An agricultural village in the former county of Wigtownshire, Glenluce lies at the mouth of the Water of Luce where it enters Luce Bay, 9 miles (14 km) east of Stranraer. Glenluce Abbey to the northwest of the village was founded in 1192 by Roland, Earl of Galloway, for the Cistercian order. Castle of Park, a former stronghold of the Hays, dates from 1590."
Refer to the parish of Old Luce