The Town of Glen is centrally located in the county, southwest of the City of Amsterdam.
Glen was inside the original Town of Mohawk, which was subdivided out of existence. Glen was first settled in the 18th century, around 1725.
The town was formed in 1823 from the Town of Charleston.
In 1846, the community of Fultonville set itself apart from the town by incorporating as a village.