Gilberdyke is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 16 miles (26 km) west of Hull city centre and 5 miles (8 km) east of Howden town centre. It lies a mile south of the M62 motorway on the B1230 road.
According to the 2011 UK census, Gilberdyke parish had a population of 3,430, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 3,028.
Historically, Gilberdyke was in the ecclesiastical parish of Eastrington in the wapentake of Howdenshire. From 1894 until 1974, Gilberdyke was located in Howden Rural District. In 1935 the parish absorbed the neighbouring parish of Bishopsoil and part of the parish of Scalby. The civil parish is now formed by the village of Gilberdyke and the hamlets of Bennetland, Hive, Sandholme and Scalby which were formely located in the former parishes.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.