Gerry is a town in Chautauqua County, New York, United States. The population was 1,905 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Elbridge Gerry, Vice President of the U.S. The town is centrally located in the county and is north of Jamestown.
Settlement began around 1810. The town of Gerry was formed in 1812 from a part of the town of Pomfret. The size of the town was reduced by the formation of the newer towns of Ellington and Charlotte. By 1900, the population of Gerry was 1,198.