- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Fyfield has been since 1974 a village and civil parish in the Test Valley District of northwest Hampshire. It was a civil parish within Andover Rural District between 1894 and 1974. Its nearest town is Andover.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Fyfield from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "FYFIELD, a parish in Andover [registration] district, Hants; near the boundary with Wilts, 4¾ miles W by N of Andover town and [railway] station. It includes Redenham hamlet; and its post town is Thruxton, under Andover. Acres: 2,210. Real property, with Kimpton and Thruxton: £5,794. Population: 222. Houses: 47. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value: £226. Patron: the lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are charities £34.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 3, chapter on Fyfield.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons