Place:Furnival's Inn, Middlesex, England

Watchers
NameFurnival's Inn
TypeParish
Coordinates51.518436°N 0.109812°W
Located inMiddlesex, England
Also located inLondon, London, England    
London, England     (1889 - 1965)
Greater London, England     (1965 - present)

Furnivals Inn was one of the Inns of Chancery on the western edge of the City of London. Administratively it was historically an extra-parochial area, becoming a civil parish in 1858. It was surrounded by the parish of St Andrew Holborn. Both Furnivals Inn and St Andrew Holborn straddled the City of London and the adjoining county of Middlesex. In 1889 that part of Furnivals Inn in Middlesex was transferred to the newly-created County of London, becoming part of the Holborn Metropolitan Borough in 1900. Holborn Metropolitan Borough was abolished in 1965, becoming part of the London Borough of Camden. That part of Furnivals Inn inside the City was absorbed into the parish of St Andrew Holborn in 1900, which in turn was abolished in 1907 when the parishes within the City were united into the London civil parish.