|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||Depwade Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Depwade Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Ashwellthorpe, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Fundenhall from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "FUNDENHALL, a parish in Depwade [registration] district, Norfolk; 2½ miles NW of Forncett [railway] station, and 4¼ SE of Wymondham. Post town: Tacolnestone, under Wymondham. Acres: 1,347. Real property: £2,709. Population: 334. Houses: 65. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value: not reported. Patron: T. T. Berney, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower. Charities, £9."
Fundenhall was absorbed into the parish of Ashwellthorpe in 1935. In 2003 the parish was renamed Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall. Both parishes and then the combined parish were in Depwade Rural District from 1894 until 1974 and then in the South Norfolk District.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Fundenhall. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Fundenhall, Norfolk, England | Depwade Hundred, Norfolk, England | Depwade Rural, Norfolk, England | Ashwellthorpe, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England