Fryerning is a small village situated just 1.5 miles north of Ingatestone in Essex, England. The Parish Church 'St. Mary the Virgin' on Blackmore Road dates back from the 11th century, with a 15th-century brick tower.
Fryerning is known as an area of natural beauty, hidden away in mid Essex, with big areas of woodland populated by several very large herds of deer, which can frequently be seen by walkers and cyclists.
Ingatestone and Fryerning Civil Parish was formed in 1889. The parish was part of the Chelmsford Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Brentwood District or Borough.