Place:Fryerning, Essex, England

Watchers
NameFryerning
Alt namesIngasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 102
TypeVillage
Coordinates51.683°N 0.367°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoIngatestone and Fryerning, Essex, Englandcivil parish of which it became a part in 1889
Chelmsford Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1974
Brentwood (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Fryerning is a small village situated just 1.5 miles north of Ingatestone in Essex, England. The Parish Church 'St. Mary the Virgin' on Blackmore Road dates back from the 11th century, with a 15th-century brick tower.

Fryerning is known as an area of natural beauty, hidden away in mid Essex, with big areas of woodland populated by several very large herds of deer, which can frequently be seen by walkers and cyclists.

Ingatestone and Fryerning Civil Parish was formed in 1889. The parish was part of the Chelmsford Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Brentwood District or Borough.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Fryerning. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.