|Type||Hamlet, City district|
|Located in||West Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|West Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Heaton, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||civil parish of which it was a part|
|Bradford, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||county borough of which it was a part until 1974|
|Bradford (metropolitan borough), West Yorkshire, England||metropolitan borough of which it has been a part since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Frizinghall is a district in the city of Bradford in the West Riding of Yorkshire lying about two miles north of the city centre close to the town of Shipley, which is itself a part of the City of Bradford.
Historically, Frizinghall was in the ecclesiastical parish of Bradford in the Morley Division of the wapentake of Agbrigg and Morley. From 1894 until 1974, Frizinghall was located in the civil parish of Heaton within the county borough of Bradford.
- GENUKI on Frizinghall. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Bradford provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Frizinghall.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to four maps of the West Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding South 1900. The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (the southern part of Bradford, the southern part of Leeds, the southern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the southern part of Selby, Goole Rural District, and all the divisions of Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield)
- Ordnance Survey West Riding North 1900 The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (rural districts of Sedbergh, Settle, Skipton, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Knaresborough, Great Ouseburn, Clitheroe, Wharfedale, Wetherby, York, Bishopthorpe, Keighley, the northern part of Bradford, the northern part of Leeds, the northern part of Hunslet Urban District, the northern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the northern part of Selby Rural District)
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the whole of the West Riding after the revisions of 1935.
Help fund new features!