Place:Friedensau, Thayer, Nebraska, United States

Coordinates40.191667°N 97.691389°W
Located inThayer, Nebraska, United States     (1874 - )
Also located inThayer, Nebraska, United States     (1874 - )

The village of Friedensau was established in 1874 by German Lutheran immigrants. It was named after a valley in the Bavarian Alps, and means "peaceful meadow." Its location is in Thayer County about 7 miles west of Hebron and 5 miles north of Deshler.

When the railroad was routed through Deshler in the 1880's, the buildings in Friedensau were relocated there, leaving only Trinity Lutheran Church in the old location. Today, Friedensau is mostly farmland and is considered part of rural Hebron.