Fridaythorpe is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 8 miles (13 km) north-east of [[Place:Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire, England|Pocklington town centre and lies on the A166 road. It is 550 feet (170 m) above sea level, making it the highest village in the Yorkshire Wolds.
According to the 2011 UK census, Fridaythorpe parish had a population of 319, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 183.
Historically, Fridaythorpe was an ecclesiastical parish in the wapentake of Buckrose. From 1894 until 1935, Fridaythorpe was located in Pocklington Rural District. In 1935 it was transferred to Driffield Rural District.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.