Frewsburg is a hamlet and census-designated place in the town of Carroll in Chautauqua County, New York, United States. The population was 1,906 at the 2010 census. The ZIP code is 14738 and the telephone exchange (which extends past Carroll and well into South Valley and Kennedy is 569 (in area code 716).
Frewsburg is located on U.S. Route 62, which forms the main street in the village. While not an incorporated village, Frewsburg does have a population that is larger than many villages in the region and is a significant community in the area, dwarfed only by the city of Jamestown to the northwest.
Frewsburg is named after the Frews - Hugh and Mary Frew, who were supposedly the first European family to settle in this area in 1807. The location of their first house is commemorated by a historic marker on Main Street in Frewsburg. The Frew House is privately owned and still used as a residence, having been divided into two units.
The hamlet hosts the Gala Days festival, which is run by the fire department in mid-July. As of 2010, an annual June Rib Festival has been added.
On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Frewsburg holds an annual "Old Fashioned Santa Parade". The parade features no motorized vehicles, with all participants powered either by horseback or by foot.