- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Frampton-on-Severn is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England. The total population is around 1200. The village is approximately 10 miles (16 km) south of Gloucester. It lies on the east bank of the River Severn, and on the west bank of the River Frome, from which it takes its name.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Frampton-on-Severn.
Wheatenhurst (1837 - 1937)
Gloucester Rural (1937 - 1974)
Gloucester (post-1974) (1974 - 2006)
Gloucestershire Registration District (2006 - )
Online sources which may also be helpful::*The Victoria History of Gloucestershire chapter on Frampton-on-Severn, available online on the website British History Online.
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Frampton-on-Severn, Gloucestershire, England | Whitstone (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Wheatenhurst Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucester Rural Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucester (post-1974) Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucestershire Registration District, Gloucestershire, England