Foston on the Wolds is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 8 miles (13 km) south-west of Bridlington town centre and 2 miles (3.2 km) north of the village of North Frodingham.
The civil parish is formed by the villages of Foston on the Wolds and Brigham. According to the 2011 UK census, Foston on the Wolds parish had a population of 263, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 253.
From 1866 until 1935 the villages of Foston on the Wolds and Brigham were individual civil parishes. In 1935 they were merged as one civil parish under the name Foston. Because of the presence of Foston in North Yorkshire, this civil parish has reverted to the old name of Foston on the Wolds, either when the East Riding became Humberside (1974), or when it changed back to the East Riding of Yorkshire again (1996).
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Foston or Foston on the Wolds was located in Driffield Rural District. Historically, it was an ecclesiastical parish in the Dickering Wapentake.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.