|Alt names||Forncett St Peter||source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forncett|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||Depwade Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Depwade Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Forncett, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Forncett-St. Peter from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
FORNCETT-ST. PETER, a parish in Depwade [registration] district, Norfolk; near Forncett [railway] station, 2½ miles W of Long Stratton. Post town: Forncett, under Long Stratton. Acres: 1,828. Real property: £4,855; of which £69 are on the railway. Population: 665. Houses: 148. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £587. Patron: the Earl of Effingham. The church is good; and there are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and town-lands with £10 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time seems to equate Forncett-St. Peter to the later civil parish of Forncett, but does not explain why. However, Forncett railway station was built at Forncett-St. Peter rather than at Forncett-St. Mary. In 1935 the two Forncett parishes were abolished as civil parishes and combined into Forncett.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Forncett-St. Peter. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Forncett-St. Peter, Norfolk, England | Depwade Hundred, Norfolk, England | Forncett, Norfolk, England | Depwade Rural, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England