St Michael's Church, Ford is located in the older part of the village. A morning Holy Communion Service takes place at 9.30am on the second and fourth Sunday of the month. An Evensong Service takes place at 6.30pm on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month (this is moved to 4.30pm in Winter).
Ford lies west of the county town of Shrewsbury, just off the A458 road and near to the River Severn, at . The Royal Mail postcode is SY5. There is one pub in Ford, The Cross Gates, in the west part of the village. The Pavement Gates (previously The Owen Glendower), is now an Indian restaurant called Saffron Cottage, and is situated next to the Shell Garage. The garage now includes a small shop, which is the only one in the village.
Ford has a primary school, Trinity CE Primary, which was formed through merging the schools of Ford, Yockleton and Wattlesborough.
The village was served by the Ford and Crossgates station on the Shropshire and Montgomeryshire Railway. The line was requistioned in 1941 to serve the new Central Ammunition Depot Nesscliffe and one of the four sub-sites for ammunition storage was constructed next to Ford and Crossgates station; in 2010 ten storage buildings remained in use for civilian purposes.