Foggathorpe is a village and civil parish on the A163 road in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The village is situated approximately 9 miles (14 km) east of Selby and 8 miles (13 km) west of Market Weighton.
According to the 2011 UK census, Foggathorpe parish had a population of 313, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 233.
Historically, Foggathorpe was in the ecclesiastical parish of Bubwith in the wapentake of Harthill. From 1894 until 1974, Foggathorpe was located in Howden Rural District. In 1935 Foggathorpe absorbed the neighbouring parishes of Laytham, Harlthorpe and Gribthorpe. The geographical locations of the four parishes can be discerned from inspecting the Ordnance Survey maps referenced below.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.