|Located in||Hertfordshire, England (1800 - )|
|Also located in||Buckinghamshire, England (1800 - )|
|See also||Dacorum Hundred, Hertfordshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England||parish in which it was a chapelry until 1866|
|Hemel Hempstead Rural, Hertfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Dacorum District, Hertfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Flaunden is a village and civil parish in the Dacorum District of Hertfordshire, England on the border of Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. Old Flaunden was on the banks of the River Chess in Buckinghamshire but owing to constant flooding was moved up the hill into Hertfordshire in the early 19th century. The new church at the top of the hill was built in 1838 and was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott.
There was also a Baptist chapel in Flaunden, and the graveyard remains.
Flaunden was, until 1866, a chapelry in the parish of Hemel Hempstead. Bovingdon is a neighbouring parish.
Categories: Hertfordshire, England | Flaunden, Hertfordshire, England | Dacorum Hundred, Hertfordshire, England | Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England | Hemel Hempstead Rural, Hertfordshire, England | Dacorum District, Hertfordshire, England