- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: A Vision of Britain through Time lists only this one place named Fifield in the country, but there are four places named "Fyfield" in other counties. Wikipedia spells Fyfield in Berkshire "Fifield". Check your sources.
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Fifield is a village and civil parish about 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Burford in Oxfordshire. The western boundary of the parish forms part of the county boundary with Gloucestershire. The 2011 UK census recorded the parish's population as 240.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Fifield from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "FIFIELD, a parish in Chipping-Norton [registration] district, Oxford; on the W verge of the county, 3½ miles SSW of Shipton [railway] station, and 4½ N by W of Burford. It has a post office under Chipping-Norton. Acres: 1,148. Real property: £1,386. Population: 234. Houses: 51. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united in 1865 with Idbury, in the [diocese] of Oxford. Value: £267. Patron: the Bishop of Oxford. The church has an early English chancel, an E window with flowing tracery and stained glass, and an octagonal tower with a spire; and is good. Charities: £49."