Fellbach is a mid-sized town on the north-east Border of Stuttgart in Baden-Württemberg. With a population of approximately 43,700 as of December 2003 it is the second largest town in the District Rems-Murr-Kreis. The area of the town is 27.7 km².
Fellbach was first mentioned as Velbach in 1121. It was called Vellebach in 1357 and the name Fehlbach was used in around 1800. On 14 October 1933 it was declared a city. After World War II it reached a population of more than 20000 in 1950 and it got the status as "Große Kreisstadt".
Fellbach has 3 main districts. Fellbach, Schmiden (since 1.1.1973) and Oeffingen (1.4.1974).