- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Faxton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "FAXTON, a chapelry in Lamport parish, Northampton; 2 miles E of Lamport [railway] station, and 4½ SSW of Rothwell. Post town: Lamport, under Northampton, Acres, with Mawsley: 2,120. Population, exclusive of Mawsley: 79; inclusive: 90. Houses, exclusive of Mawsley: 17; inclusive: 19. It was returned as a parish in 1831, and previous decades; as a chapelry belonging to Lamport, in 1841; as a chapelry or parish, inclusive of Mawsley, in 1851; and as a parish, exclusive of Mawsley, in 1861. It appears ecclesiastically not to have any status, but to be considered as part of Lamport."