Faxfleet is a hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 7.5 miles (12.1 km) east of Goole town centre. It is located at the start of the Humber, on the north bank, where the River Ouse and the River Trent meet.
Faxfleet was the location of the Faxfleet Preceptory, a former community of the Knights Templar. It was one of Yorkshire's principal preceptories, valued at more than £290, (£200,000 as of 2014) when it was closed in 1308.
GENUKI provides a description from Bulmer's History and Directory of East Yorkshire of 1892. Bulmer commences by explaining that in 1861 the townships of Broomfleet and Faxfleet were detached from South Cave, the parish to the east, and formed into a separate ecclesiastical parish. This ecclesiastical parish probably became a civil parish in 1866 when civil parishes were established across the country. Bulmer then goes on to describe both townships individually. The two townships were considered to be part of the Harthill Wapentake and, from 1894 onward, the Howden Rural District.
Faxfleet and Broomfleet are drawn separately on the Ordnance Survey Maps of East Yorkshire for 1888 and 1900, found in the links below.
In 1935 Faxfleet was abolished and the area became part of the civil parish of Blacktoft, the parish to the west.