|Alt names||Fallybroom||source: spelling variant|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England ( - 1936)|
|See also||Prestbury, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a township|
|Macclesfield Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Macclesfield Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1936|
|Macclesfield, Cheshire, England||civil parish into which part of it was absorbed in 1936|
|Prestbury, Cheshire, England||civil parish into which part of it was absorbed in 1936|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- GENUKI provides the following details:
Fallibroome was a township in Prestbury ancient parish in Macclesfield Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. The population was 31 in 1801, 28 in 1851, and 41 in 1901.
In 1936 the civil parish was abolished to become parts of the civil parish of Prestbury and the municipal borough of Macclesfield.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Fallibroome, Cheshire, England | Prestbury, Cheshire, England | Macclesfield Hundred, Cheshire, England | Macclesfield Rural, Cheshire, England | Macclesfield, Cheshire, England