- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Fallowfield from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "FALLOWFIELD, a township in St. John Lee parish, Northumberland; near the Roman wall, 3¼ miles N of Hexham. Population: 43. Houses: 10. A rich vein of lead ore is here. Fallowfield fell commands a fine view; was quarried for the Roman wall; and has a Roman inscription on a grey stone, called the Written Rock."
Fallowfield was originally a township in the ancient parish of Lee St. John. It became a separate civil parish in 1866, but in 1955 was absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Wall.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.