- source: Family History Library Catalog
Faddiley was a township in Acton ancient parish in Nantwich Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. It includes the hamlets of Larden Green and Woodhey Green (both redirected here). The population was 224 in 1801, 314 in 1851, 227 in 1901, 193 in 1951, and 163 in 2001.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Faddiley is a small village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. The village is located 4 miles to the west of Nantwich. Nearby villages include Brindley, Burland, Chorley (near Nantwich), Haughton and Ravensmoor.
The grade 1 listed Woodhey Chapel is located near Woodhey Green. Formerly the chapel of the old Woodhey Hall, now demolished, it was built in around 1700 for the widow of Sir Thomas Wilbraham, the last baronet of Woodhey. Woodhey was a late medieval estate, no longer extant.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.