|Name||Exelby Leeming and Newton|
|Alt names||Exelby, Leeming and Newton||source: with comma included|
|Located in||North Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|Yorkshire, England |
|See also||Bedale Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1974|
|Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, England||municipal district of which it has been a part since 1974|
|Halikeld Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Exelby, Leeming and Newton is a civil parish in the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England. It contains three villages – Exelby, Leeming and Londonderry – and RAF Leeming Royal Air Force station.
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, the civil parish of Exelby, Leeming and Newton was part of Bedale Rural District. Historically, the three villages were located in the ecclesiastical parish of Burneston in the wapentake of Halikeld.
- GENUKI on Exelby, Leeming and Newton. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Exelby Leeming and Newton (The page is titled Exelby.).
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Burneston provides a list of useful resources for the local area.