In 1885 Kelly's Directory noted that Evedon was "a parish of 1,333 acres (5 km2) and three farms, on heavy soil that produced crops of wheat, oats, beans, barley and turnips, and seeds – small potatoes used as seed stock." Parish population in 1881 was 73, with Murray Finch-Hatton DL JP as sole landowner. The parish was entitled to send children to Sleaford Grammar School, and two to the Free School at Ewerby. The parish register dates from 1599.
By 1933 parish land had increased to 1,647 acres (7 km2), with 5 acres of water – population in 1921 was 81. There were still three farms, with two farm bailiffs, and a dairyman. The nearest money order and telephone office was at Ewerby.
The parish church, dedicated to Saint Mary, is a Grade II* listed building dating from the 13th century and restored in 1898, and built of limestone.
Evedon Manor House, once the seat of the Bertie family, is also Grade II listed--a 16th-century house built from limestone, with 19th-century alterations.
Lincolnshire is very low-lying and land had to be drained for agriculture to be successful. The larger drainage channels, many of which are parallel to each other, became boundaries between parishes. Many parishes are long and thin for this reason.
There is much fenland in Lincolnshire, particularly in the Boston and Horncastle areas. Fenlands tended to be extraparochial before the mid 1850s, and although many sections were identified with names and given the title "civil parish", little information has been found about them. Many appear to be abolished in 1906, but the parish which adopts them is not given in A Vision of Britain through Time. Note the WR category Lincolnshire Fenland Settlements which is an attempt to organize them into one list.
From 1889 until 1974 Lincolnshire was divided into three administrative counties: Parts of Holland, Parts of Kesteven and Parts of Lindsey. These formal names do not fit with modern grammatical usage, but that is what they were, nonetheless. In 1974 the northern section of Lindsey, along with the East Riding of Yorkshire, became the short-lived county of Humberside. In 1996 Humberside was abolished and the area previously in Lincolnshire was made into the two "unitary authorities" of North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. The remainder of Lincolnshire was divided into "non-metropolitan districts" or "district municipalities" in 1974. Towns, villages and parishes are all listed under Lincolnshire, but the present-day districts are also given so that places in this large county can more easily be located and linked to their wider neighbourhoods. See the WR placepage Lincolnshire, England and the smaller divisions for further explanation.