Tickton and its former parishes do not appear on the above map. From their co-ordinates it is to be assumed that Tickton is in the eastern reaches of what is described as Molescroft.
Eske is a hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) north-east of the town of Beverley and 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the village of Tickton. It lies just to the east of the River Hull.
Eske was a civil parish from 1866-1935 and now forms part of the civil parish of Tickton. From 1894 until 1974 the area was part of the Beverley Rural District. It was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Beverley in the wapentake of Holderness.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.