Eshton Hall is a large grade II* listed country house, built in 1825-7 by architect George Webster of Kendal in an Elizabethan revival style for Matthew Wilson. Eston Hall was inherited by Frances Mary Richardson Currer who held a large library.
The hall has since been converted into apartments.
GENUKI provides a description of Eshton from 19th century gazetteers..
The Malhamdale Local History Group provides all sorts of local information on the parish online. Included are parish records of births, marriages and deaths pre-1837, the 1881 census, maps and much more. }