Epwell had a watermill and a windmill. The watermill building survives: it is just east of the village and was built early in the 18th century. The windmill was a tower mill northwest of the village. It was built of stone, had patent sails and a domed cap, and last worked in 1912.
Victoria County History of Oxfordshire, volume 10, chapter on Swalcliffe includes many references to Epwell.